Halitosis or commonly known as bad breath is a condition that is common during the morning after waking up or after eating strong smelling foods. However, there is an instance where the odor is persistent even after brushing, flossing, or rinsing. There are specific dental complications or situation which may cause Halitosis, and some are poorly fitting dental appliance, gum disease, infections, or cavities.
At Regency Family Dental we believe that everyone deserves quality dental care, we offer only the latest and best dental treatments. We provide Halitosis Treatment for patients to have healthier teeth and fresher breath for an excellent overall dental condition.
Why is the Treatment of Halitosis Necessary?
Halitosis does not only affect a person’s breath, but it is not easy to know what exactly is the cause. The dentist can only determine it through thorough checkups and examinations. By pinpointing the cause, the problem can be taken care of quickly with the right treatments.
Having Halitosis are more self-conscious causing their confidence and self-esteem to lower. They tend to avoid other people for them not to be embarrassed by having bad breath. The condition affects a patient both physically and emotionally which makes it even more important to be treated carefully and correctly.
Tips for the Prevention of Halitosis
- Practice proper dental hygiene like brushing, flossing, and rinsing to prevent the accumulation of harmful substances in the mouth that can cause dental problems including bad breath.
- Stop bad habits such as excessive alcohol drinking and cigarette/tobacco smoking. The chemicals from these products can cause bad breath and also other health complications like gum disease or oral cancer.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water or eating foods that are rich in water since it helps in keeping any bad odors at bay. Saliva does more than keeping the mouth wet; it serves as a natural cleaner in the mouth that helps remove any food debris left after eating.
- Chew on a sugarless gum after eating if there are no accessible toothbrush or mouthwash to promote the production of saliva which is helpful in keeping the mouth clean.
- Eat crunchy foods and vegetables such as apples, celery, or carrots that can act as a natural scrub for the teeth. It can help in naturally removing any food accumulations to prevent any buildups that can cause bad breath and other dental complications.
The best thing to do for the prevention of Halitosis is to practice proper dental hygiene, care, regular checkups, and cleaning.
If you want to own a youthful and healthy smile with fresh breath, then Regency Family Dental is here for you! Check out our amazing dental services including Halitosis Treatment in Stamford, CT. You can also visit us at 1 Strawberry Hill Court, Suite L1, Stamford, CT 06902.